HydraCure Water Based Contact Adhesive
Water Based Contact Adhesive
HydraCure Water Based Contact Adhesive is a non-flammable polychloroprene rubber latex based adhesive, which changes from white to clear when dry. It is economical in use and gives excellent bond strength and good heat resistance.
HydraCure Water Based Contact Adhesive can be used for bonding types of materials such as textiles, rubbers and plastic laminates to wood, plywood chipboard etc. It may also be used for bonding smooth porous surfaces of concrete or plaster as well as canvas and expanded polystyrene. Non-porous materials such as metals and painted surfaces may be bonded provided that the adhesive films are allowed to dry completely before the bond is made.
- Substrates to be bonded should be perfectly clean dry and free from dust and grease.
- Smooth or polished surfaces should first be roughened with fine abrasive.
- If degreasing is necessary, a detergent/water treatment should first be considered. If this is inappropriate a suitable solvent e.g. cleaner 5 may be used. It is advisable to check the effects of degreasing solvents on plastics, rubber materials and painted surfaces before carrying out the operation. All traces of cleaning solvents must be allowed to evaporate completely before application of the adhesive.
HydraCure Water Based Contact Adhesive is suitable for application by brush, paint pad, paint roller or sponge techniques.
The use of a notched or serrated spreader is not recommended.
Thoroughly stir the contents of the container before use.
Both surfaces to be bonded should be coated with an even coat of adhesive and allowed to dry. Porous surfaces such as plaster may require a second coat. The milky white opaque adhesive becomes clear when dry. The adhesive dries by evaporation of water into the atmosphere and on porous substrates also by absorption of the water into the pores. The drying time is very dependent on substrate, coating weight, temperature and humidity. Under normal conditions the film dries in 15 - 30 minutes. The process can be accelerated by warming e.g. by radiant heat or by passage of a current of warm air over the surface.
Paint Pad Application - Application by paint pad enables a very even film of adhesive to be applied, ensuring there are no high spots to delay drying. Trials have shown that an area measuring 2m x 600mm can be covered with an even film in approx. 20 seconds; this is even faster than spray application. An even film applied by paint pad dries quickly, in about 10 - 15 minutes depending upon ambient temperature and humidity.
- Being the two dry, coated surfaces into contact within 60 minutes of drying and press together over the entire bond area.
- Apply as much pressure as possible by hand roller, static press or nip roller without causing damage. Sustained pressure in not necessary.
||Mobile aqueous emulsion
||White (colourless when dry)
||Polychloroprene latex / resin blend
|Viscosity (Brookfield RVT, 50rpm @ 20°C)
||Thixotropic, approx. 9500mPas
Store in a dry place in original packaging between 5 and 30°C.
Protect from frost
12 months in its original container stored under the above conditions.
Equivalent to Safe 80 Water Based Contact Adhesive